Waves of Experience: Developing Offshore Situational Awareness.
Integral Consulting scientists are sponsoring an October 17, 2019, workshop along with the University of New Orleans and the Marine Information Resources Corporation. The biennial Ocean Waves Workshop archives scholarship, which includes more than 65 papers on wave-related topics. Google has recorded more than 10,132 downloads of workshop materials worldwide! You are invited to submit papers and case studies and to participate in this event. For more information, see https://scholarworks.uno.edu/oceanwaves/.
- Explore recent advances in using real-time wave information to support offshore and coastal operations
- Share and discuss lessons learned and scenarios encountered that relate to wave hazards
- Provide a forum for scientists, engineers, and managers to explore issues relevant to ocean waves.
Call for Papers
We are soliciting papers, case studies, and participation from researchers, engineers, military officers, and managers. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Advances and issues in wave measurement technologies
- Accessibility and presentation of wave-relevant information for scientists, engineers, and managers
- Development of a wave modeling framework to protect life and save property
- Documented impacts of waves on operations, property, and natural resources.
Submit materials to: email@example.com
Abstracts due: September 16, 2019
Papers due: September 30, 2019
Final materials due: October 14, 2019
Workshop date: October 17, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Venue: UNO Earl K. Long Library, Rm 407.
Further information on abstract/paper format can be viewed online at http://scholarworks.uno.edu/oceanwaves/2019.