Principal Craig Jones, Ph.D., and Senior Consultant Aimee Thurlow of Integral Consulting Inc. (Integral) will attend the 2017 Offshore Wind Executive Summit: The Parallels of Wind, Oil & Gas, held August 9–10, 2017, in Houston, Texas. With 2,000 gigawatts of offshore wind resources in U.S. waters, 1 million acres of offshore wind leases, and billions of dollars of potential economic activity, the U.S. offshore wind market is on the cusp of becoming a booming industry.
At the 2017 summit, attendees will hear from specialists in offshore wind and offshore oil and gas industries. Topics covered will include the current market in the U.S., project management and important policy issues, and how to manage risks and lower costs associated with offshore energy projects. In addition, there will be a presentation on lessons learned from the Block Island project—the first offshore wind farm in the U.S.
Integral provides site characterization and consulting services to offshore energy clients worldwide. Integral’s services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sediment profile/plan view imaging technology, which provides fast and cost-effective mapping of drilling mud deposits, benthic habitats, and spill residuals. This technology is used to measure biologically active zone depths and to establish and refine conceptual site models.
- Geotechnical laboratory services to quantify sediment bed characteristics, including erosion rates measured using SEDflume and grain size distribution determined using laser diffraction.
- Coastal studies to measure and assess biological and ecological impacts on habitat, marine species, and wildlife.
- Ocean acoustics assessment and monitoring.
- Site characterization consultancy and assessment. Our team has developed and managed site characterization activities for offshore projects in water depths from coastal to deep water.
Dr. Jones leads Integral’s Marine Science and Engineering practice, providing environmental, oceanographic, and coastal engineering solutions for clients worldwide. He has 20 years of experience in developing engineering and science programs to characterize and quantify hydrodynamics and the transport of sediments and associated contaminants. Dr. Jones continues to develop state-of-the-science techniques to utilize field measurements and modeling analysis to quantify processes in all types of aquatic systems.
Ms. Thurlow is an ocean engineer with 12 years of experience in offshore petroleum development, including broad experience in project management, long-term planning and development, survey data interpretation, layout of large oil/gas field developments, export pipelines, and related engineering. She has designed, implemented, and managed metocean, geophysical, geotechnical, and environmental programs required for engineering design, construction, installation, and operational phases of a project.
Click here to learn more about Offshore Wind Executive Summit.Back to List