Senior Toxicologist/Human Health Risk Scientist
LOCATION: Seattle or Olympia, WA; Portland, OR; Santa Cruz or Santa Rosa, CA; Annapolis, MD; New York, NY; Portland, ME | PRACTICE: Toxicology, Health, and Ecological Sciences
The desired candidate will be a detailed-oriented individual who can provide technical and strategic support on client projects as well as on business development efforts for our growing environmental practice. The person filling this position will also have significant project management responsibilities, including client interaction.
- Performing exposure and toxicity assessments for chemicals and quantitatively evaluating human health risks
- Critically reviewing and analyzing scientific studies, conducting statistical analysis, and preparing work plans
- Managing the execution of technical work and client deliverables
- Participating in business development initiatives
- Supervising and providing professional development to junior staff
- Candidates should hold a degree in toxicology, biology, chemistry, environmental health, or similar field
Idealcandidate will have 5 to 10 years of experience in human health risk assessment and toxicology
- Experience leading risk assessment project teams and supervising the work of other scientists
- Demonstrated proficiency in toxicology, exposure assessment, hazard characterization, and risk assessment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow both intellectually and professionally.
- Experience with statistical software
- Monte-Carlo probabilistic modeling
- Database management
- Experience writing expert reports and affidavits for legal proceedings
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing an employment history screening and, if applicable, a degree verification. Offers of employment for some positions may also be contingent on candidates passing a federal, state, and county criminal background and Watch List screenings and a drug and alcohol screening. Candidates for whom this is a requirement will receive written notice. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.