Senior or Principal Level Stormwater Engineer
LOCATION: Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; or Seattle, WA | PRACTICE: Engineering
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior or Principal-Level Stormwater Engineer. This is a senior/principal level position for candidates with >10 years of increasingly responsible engineering experience to help support and develop Integral’s stormwater planning.
- Managing long-range stormwater planning and business development efforts
- Managing stormwater projects from inception to final design
- Developing and maintaining client relationships Identifying opportunities and leading proposal efforts
- Leading engineering projects of major significance in the field of stormwater/water resource engineering
- Performing or overseeing engineering activities for hydraulic and hydrologic models, drainage systems, alternatives evaluations, and detailed design
- Communicating technical information to varied audiences (e.g., clients, staff, regulators, and stakeholders)
- Participating in successful project teams in both leadership and support roles
- Assigning, assisting, and reviewing the preparation of design plans and technical documents
- Mentoring less experienced technical staff members Assisting engineering staff at all levels with strategic technical planning.
- Qualified candidates should have well-rounded stormwater consulting experience that may include stormwater treatment design, watershed master planning, flood control management, stormwater best management practice evaluation, stormwater/watershed modeling, and regulatory compliance
- The ideal candidate will have experience identifying, pursuing and winning a variety of stormwater and environmental projects
- Strong working knowledge of public and private sector environmental markets.
- Additional knowledge and experience in contaminated sediment source control and surface water source tracing and control, remediation, and litigation support is highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of NPDES stormwater permits
- Development/evaluation of total maximum daily loads (TMDLs)
- Stormwater monitoring and sampling experience
- Thorough knowledge of flow control techniques, approved treatment technologies, and low impact development strategies
- Experience preparing and reviewing plans
- Experience developing specifications and managing the work of consultants and contractors
- Experience interpreting and applying codes and regulations
- Knowledge of CAD, GIS, and stormwater modeling software such as HEC-RAS or similar.
Education and Licenses
- Graduate-level degree in civil, environmental or water resources
- A Professional Engineering license in Oregon, Washington or California is required.
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.