LOCATION: San Francisco, CA | PRACTICE: Engineering
We are currently seeking a Project or Senior Engineer. The desired candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who can provide technical support to client projects and business development efforts as part of our growing environmental practice.
As a Project/Senior Engineer, your job functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Implementation of site characterization studies, feasibility studies, and engineering evaluations on soil and groundwater remediation and drinking water treatment projects
- Preparation of design plans and specifications
- Permitting support
- Construction monitoring
- Cost estimating
- Field sampling
- Project and task management
- Communicating technical information to varied audiences (e.g., clients, staff, regulators, and stakeholders)
- Supporting litigation or allocation matters
- Procuring and managing subcontractors (e.g., laboratories, drillers, sampling crews)
Candidates must hold a M.S. degree in environmental engineering or civil engineering with an environmental specialization from a U.S.-accredited school.
For the project-level position, a minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental investigation and remediation, an E.I.T. certification, and ability to obtain a Professional Engineering license (CA Civil) within 2 years are required.
For the senior-level position, a minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental investigation and remediation and a CA Civil Professional Engineering license are required.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- B.S. in environmental, chemical, civil, or related engineering discipline from an U.S.-accredited university or undergraduate degree in another relevant discipline (e.g., chemistry, geology, hydrogeology)
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training Certificate
- Proven, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project data to develop applicable design criteria and produce plans and specifications for site remediation applications
- Well-rounded civil and environmental engineering experience that includes contractor management at environmental remediation sites
- Design experience in remediation (ideally soil and groundwater remediation systems/applications, vapor mitigation, sediment remediation, stormwater treatment systems, water treatment plants, and/or wastewater treatment plants). For the senior-level position experience in sediment investigation and remediation are required.
- Experience with the use and integration of ArcGIS, AutoCAD, advanced Excel, 3D visualization and graphics applications to support environmental engineering evaluations and designs
- Demonstrated cost estimating experience
- Strong leadership skills
- A desire to grow both intellectually and professionally
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a bigger team
- Experience in environmental field sampling plan development and execution (e.g., soil, soil gas, groundwater, sediments, stormwater, drinking water)
- Experience with the field application of in situ soil and groundwater investigation and remediation technologies including design of field programs, pilot testing, and interpretation of results
- Willingness to travel and work in the field frequently
- Construction monitoring and oversight experience is highly desirable
- Permitting experience is highly desirable
- Groundwater, surface water, and stormwater modeling experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.