LOCATION: Honolulu, HI | PRACTICE: Engineering
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our civil and environmental engineering group. The desired candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who can provide technical support to client projects and business development efforts as part of our growing environmental practice.
As a Project Engineer, your job functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Wastewater engineering to include onsite disposal and small commercial system design
- Grading plans
- Site development and civil design (water, sewer, drainage)
- Construction monitoring and support
- Site characterization studies, feasibility studies, and engineering evaluations on soil and groundwater remediation and drinking water treatment projects
- Design plans and specifications
- Field investigation including soil, water, and groundwater sampling
Regulatory Compliance and Permitting Support
- Permits in support of civil and environmental engineering projects
- Regulatory support to clients
- Project management and technical information dissemination to varied audiences (e.g., clients, staff, regulators, and stakeholders)
B.S. or M.S. degree in environmental, chemical, civil, or related engineering field, a minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience, and an E.I.T. certification with ability to obtain a Professional Engineering license (Hawaii–Civil) within 2 years are required.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Well-rounded civil and environmental engineering experience that includes contractor management
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project data to develop applicable design criteria and produce plans and specifications for site remediation applications
- Design experience in civil engineering and remediation (ideally soil and groundwater remediation systems/applications, sediment remediation, stormwater treatment systems, water treatment plants, and/or wastewater treatment plants).
- Experience with the use and integration of ArcGIS, AutoCAD, advanced Excel, 3D visualization, and graphics applications to support environmental engineering evaluations and designs
- Demonstrated cost estimating experience
- Experience in environmental field sampling plan development and execution (e.g., soil, soil gas, groundwater, sediment, stormwater, drinking water)
- Willingness to travel and work in the field frequently
- Construction monitoring and oversight experience highly desirable
- Permitting experience highly desirable
- Groundwater, surface water, and stormwater modeling experience a plus
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training Certificate desirable
- Strong leadership skills
- A desire to grow both intellectually and professionally
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.