Information Support Specialist
LOCATION: Portland, OR | PRACTICE: Operations
Are you a software-savvy people person who has enthusiasm for helping others and enjoys wearing many hats? We are currently seeking an Information Support Specialist to provide publications and user support to various technical practices and operations departments with an opportunity for the right candidate to further define the role. This position will bridge the junctures of work in our Publications, Marketing, and IT departments.
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with exceptional ability to prioritize and systematize tasks, distill and troubleshoot problems, explain constraints and solutions, and sweat the details.
As an Information Support Specialist, your job functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing user support for Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, Zotero (reference management software), and Adobe Acrobat, including troubleshooting and resolving issues and maintaining company-branded Word templates
- Training staff on the use of Microsoft Teams and managing administration of the software
- Serving as administration backup for corporate website and internal SharePoint site and the setup of SharePoint sites for specific clients
- Compiling navigable and bookmarked Adobe Acrobat PDF files; proofing PDF files compiled by others and organizing file storage
- Formatting documents and spreadsheets according to company standards
- Producing, binding, and shipping hard copies
- Managing IT procurement, shipping, and receiving
- Maintaining an inventory of IT equipment
- Preparing and distributing IT software tips and instruction
- Maintaining IT training rosters, reviewing and helping to approve specific training courses, and following up with staff overdue for training
- Drafting IT policy documentation and coordinating reviews and distribution.
The ideal candidate will have 3–5 years of experience in a similar position and an associate’s or bachelor’s degree. In addition, the individual must have:
- Highly proficient computer skills including advanced Microsoft® Office products and Adobe Suite software
- Experience with WordPress and HTML (experience with Divi themes is desirable)
- Familiarity with using a style guide
- A knack for instructional design
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Work experience in a professional services firm is desirable.
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.