Environmental Scientist/Engineer – Data Analytics
LOCATION: Seattle, WA; Annapolis, MD | PRACTICE: Open
We are currently seeking an Environmental Scientist or Engineer with a strong quantitative background to join our Environmental Data Analytics team, which supports our work on environmental and engineering projects. The desired candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who can provide technical support on client projects involving management, analysis, visualization, and reporting of complex environmental datasets.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (data managers, engineers, environmental scientists, toxicologists) to develop and implement data analysis plans to support environmental investigations
- Lead data and statistical analysis tasks with minimal supervision, applying appropriate statistical methods and visualization techniques
- Perform quality assurance reviews of technical analyses and results
- Develop R Shiny web applications to present data to clients and stakeholders
- Prepare technical reports summarizing analytical methods and results in a clear, concise manner
- Track new technologies and trends in data analytics and statistics and their applications to the environmental industry
- Train and mentor other data analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental field, including environmental science/engineering, computational biology, geochemistry, hydrogeology, ecology, toxicology, or related quantitative field with a strong interest in environmental applications; Master’s degree is a plus
- Strong knowledge of environmental science and chemistry
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience using R statistical programming language, including the use of one or more of the following packages: tidyverse (specifically, dplyr and/or ggplot2), plotly (R), and leaflet (R), or equivalent experience using Python, including the use of one or more of the following packages: NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, plotly (Python), and folium
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience using relational database management systems and SQL
- Strong background in applied statistics
- Ability to independently manage and perform multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills
- A desire to grow intellectually and professionally in the discipline of environmental data science.
- 3+ years working as an environmental consultant in a data analyst role
- Experience with or desire/aptitude to learn machine learning methods
- Experience with development, deployment, and maintenance of R Shiny web applications
- Experience using Markdown to create formatted documents
- Experience with other visualization tools such as D3
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development.
Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The “EEO is the Law” poster can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE to view Employee Rights documents.